Saturday, August 25, 2007


This vessel is one that I made after reading Janet E's book, but I don't think it looks much like any of hers. I hope not anyway. Unfortunately the colour isn't perfect in this shot, nor in any of the others that we took; in real life it is more scarlet.
I hand-stitched channels in the fabric and threaded narrow rope through them. Because of the hand-stitching the channels aren't perfect - in fact that was deliberate as I wanted them to go up and down and even have gaps between them sometimes. In the gaps I added some beads which gives it just a bit of sparkle, or should that be bling?
I sewed the two ends together to make a cylinder, lined it with something silky in a matching colour, and sewed the bottom edge to a circle of black-painted MDF that my Dearly Beloved (hereinafter DB) drilled for me.
I quite like this little vessel. It is about 10cm in diameter and 15cm high.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I love these vessels - especially the pink one!!