Friday, August 24, 2007


One of the people on the C&G list has told us of her new blog, and also that she is reading Janet Edmonds' book on 3D embroidery. As I have read this book, and made some 3d pieces, mostly vessels, I thought I would start off this blog with some of them.

The first is a box that I made quite a long time ago, before I read the book. I have used machine stitching and embroidery with metallic silver thread. The box is made from a base of pelmet vilene (same as Timtex), covered with medium blue fabric and embellished with black felt with strips of organza and silver-thread covered flat washers stitched on with variegated metallic blue thread. I quite like this style of box and would like to do more, especially now that I know the pitfalls.

I seem to be unable to add any more photos to this post, so the rest will have to wait.

No comments: