Wednesday, April 16, 2008

CREAM ON CREAM


There has been some discussion on one of the lists recently about 'white on white', and although I haven't actually attempted actual white on white I have made several cream on cream things, starting with the 'Naming Day' dress I made first for Julia, my granddaughter. Now I am making a small lozenge-shaped quilt for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary, aka Diamond Anniversary.
This is the naked block (sorry about the background!), with two photos that I printed from their actual wedding photos onto silk and incorporated in the piecing. There is also lace, ribbon and braid. I will post another photo of the quilt, as it is now, which is with a lot of embroidery in shades of cream from milk coffee to almost white.
This is a combination that I love to use. It isn't very easy, as your colour range is quite restricted, but it looks fabulous when done - so elegant, subtle and restrained.

No comments: